The development team engages in the business of software product development:
- Promotes team collaboration.
- Contributes design and user experience insight.
- Adds a development perspective to product idea and feature feasibility.
As software product solution continues to grow and attract complex owners with complex requirements. Join us as we create the next generation of reporting tools for institutional investors. We have openings throughout the technology stack and software development lifecycle.
The React Native Developer designs and implements user interface components for mobile applications using the React Native open-source library ecosystem. They are involved in all stages of interface component design, from conception through to final testing. They will work closely with the Product Owners, Design, UX, and other Developer team members to collaborate on solving business problems.
- Reviewing application requirements and interface designs.
- Identifying mobile-based user interactions.
- Develop and implement highly responsive user interface components using React Native and concepts like the Context API and Hooks.
- Responsible for profiling and improving performance and documenting our codebase.
- Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application code.
- Developing and implementing front-end architecture to support user interface concepts.
- Working with other developers and participating in code reviews.
- Proven success delivering software design and development projects using mobile application frameworks such as React Native.
- Working knowledge of React Native components & best practices.
- Experience with TypeScript and writing strongly typed code.
- Familiarity with REST APIs & services.
- Experience building responsive FE experiences.
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks including Jest and React Native Testing Library.
- Experience using a distributed software version control systems such as Git.
- Experience with Continues Integration & Delivery Tools.
- Knowledge of automated software testing.
- Knowledge of mobile application debugging, performance profiling, and optimization.
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum.
Displays a positive attitude.
Sets high standards of performance for oneself.
Demonstrate ability to work in a remote, team-based environment.
Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
Seeks input from mentors and supervisors and actively applies feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance.
Team player with strong written and oral communications skills.
Highly Desirable Skills
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/related degree or equivalent work experience.
- Exposure to working on high traffic mobile applications.
- Exposure to various caching mechanisms and methodologies.
- Cloud computing development and deployment experience.
- Experience with Android and iOS programming languages such as Objective-C, Swift, Java, or Kotlin.
- Experience using third party libraries such as react-navigation or react-query.
- Experience with data services and cloud architecture (AWS).
- Experience building performant APIs using API Gateway and AWS Lambda.
- Experience with financial services, preferably broker-dealer or asset manager.